Enjoy teaching, laughing, learning and loving your child, your teen. Meet your child’s emotional needs, intellectual development and come up with strategies to prevent future misbehaviors.
Help Your Child to Be Successful
These qualities are important:
- SELF-ESTEEM – Praise accomplishments, catch your child being good and help your child accept and learn from failure.
- INDEPENDENCE – Allow your child to try and experience new things that are reasonable for him/her.
- SOCIAL SKILLS – These are the most important skills needed for life! Be a good role model and show your child the following while you teach him/her: Good manners, How to listen, Following directions, Finishing a task, Sharing, Respecting property, Respecting other’s needs, opinions and differences.
- RESPONSIBILITY – Give your child appropriate chores, expect school/home work to get done and decide on consequences if not done.
- SENSE OF HUMOR – Laughter is the best medicine! Tell jokes, riddles and silly stories together. Find humor in your actions and help your child find humor in his/hers.